Linda @ Painted Whyte October 16, 2010

A couple of weeks ago i finished an old french door that i transformed into a unique headboard for a client of mine.  She had this old door in her garage and didn't know what to do with it so i came up with this. 

Before:



After:




This is how i did it:
  1. Removed all the glass from the door
  2. Sanded, then primed it
  3. I painted it a dark grey
  4. Next was a couple coats of white
  5. Some distressing of coarse
  6. Then clear coat!
  7. I asked Kevin if he could cut me some pieces of plywood to match the size of the glass
  8. Then i cut out 15 pieces of batting and 15 pieces of the white fabric my client picked out.
  9. Next was several hours of going staple gun crazy!
10.  Last step was to nail in the fabric covered wood pieces & TA-DA a new headboard!!!!

All it needs are some King size pillows to prop up against the headboard with some pretty decorative pillows and it will be fabulous!

1 comments:

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Hey Linda....!

What a CLEVER makeover....I've used doors on walls before but NEVER as a bedhead....!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL week Lovey....!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah :o)

Post a Comment

I really appreciate & love getting comments and read each and every one. Questions are very much welcome I will answer in the comments or email you. Thanks for popping in to say hi.