Linda @ Painted Whyte May 26, 2010

I can't believe i forgot to write a post about this awesome hardware i stumbled across a couple of weeks ago.  I think i need to hunt for more!!!


sorry for the dark pictures!  I really need to learn how to use my camera lol.



The celery green roses are already spoken for.... i met with a new client today (hi Denise!) to help pick out a colour for some window mirrors & frames (she has 4 of them).  She has a beautiful home which includes an antique trunk, some beautiful sewn cushions done by Denise and a very "large" guard dog lol - a tiny chihuahua who showed me her tiny teeth - it was so cute that she thought she was so tough. 

I will also be transforming a cute antique desk for her and the celery green rose knobs are a part of its makeover.  If i were this desk i would totally be excited, i mean who wouldn't want to wear 4 of these right?  And the best part is one package of 4 was $9.99 - can you believe it?  I was so excited i think i might have even skipped to my car lol.  I know.... small things amuse me.

So another funny story of how Linda looked like a bonehead... so i was putting a couple coats of paint on two dressers today and i was wearing a mask so i wouldn't be tasting paint all night - its water based so its not going to kill me but blah it tastes yucky!  So i finish up with that while Kevin is outside cutting the lawn and then we drive home in separate vehicles.  I had to go to Safeway to pick up a prescription and a couple of groceries and about 5 or 6 people where looking at me weird.  I didn't think anything of it.  I get home and wash up before supper and almost died when i saw myself in the mirror.  I had WHITE paint all around my eyes and on the outsides of my nose - i looked like a flippen Raccoon!  And ... Kevin did not say a word about it - i mean he could have warned me or told me i should wash my face before i headed to Safeway.  All he said was "oh sorry, ya i guess i'm just used to you looking like that" ummm hello??  What are you trying to say, that i look like a raccoon ALL the time.  I had no choice but to laugh it off and hope and pray i don't run into any of those people from Safeway again.  I may have to find a new pharmacy :)



4 comments:

Angie said...

That's hilarious!!! Love the knobs too! ;)

Cat@BudgetBlonde said...

Oooh these are hardware!?! love them!!!

awal.ny said...

Thank you for the laugh. I don't think you are alone on this one. I think all of us painters have had at least one if one a million of the times we forgot we had paint all over ourselves. Glad you told us about it though.

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, Congratulations! You won my Cottage Charm giveaway. Send me your mailing address and I will get the book and dishcloths to you.

Post a Comment

I really appreciate & love getting comments and read each and every one. Questions are very much welcome I will answer in the comments or email you. Thanks for popping in to say hi.