Linda @ Painted Whyte April 18, 2010

I hope everyone had a really good weekend.   I spent at least an hour in fabricland yesterday trying to decide on a fabric to recover the chair cusions with.  If the store wasnt closing at that moment i probably would still be there.  I ended up leaving with 2 - both in a Chanille Dsmask - one in white and one in a pretty ice blue.  And the exciting part is one of them was in the clearance section for only $8/meter woohoo.  When i brought it home i realized they match the wallpaper in my built ins perfectly.  So until they find a new home they will fit nicely inside the house.  Tomorrow i will start the painting process!!  I always find it so exciting to start something new and then again when i am finally finished.  If any of you didnt see the before shots of the two chairs i found at Goodwill here they are for you to see again.  I should have some after pictures towards the end of the week.




6 comments:

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Hi Linda,

I found your blog through Blue Clear Sky. You have some lovely projects on the go - I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

You might be interested in my Blogging Tips page (feel free to email me if you have any blogging questions - I'm new too but have figured some things out). Here is the link: http://gracie-senseandsimplicity.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_11.html

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

Hi Linda. I also found you through Clear Blue Sky. I'm a new blogger as well - isn't it fun? I love the pieces you've madeover. I refurbish furniture too. I love the look of those chairs, so much potential. Would love your thoughts on some of my transformations. Feel free to drop by!
Kristine

Linda @ Painted Whyte said...

Hi Grace and Kristine! I am so happy to meet some new bloggers. Thanks for your positive comments. My boyfriend thinks i'm so funny that i get so excited to have a new comment or another follower. I love comments so feel free to comment anytime - i am on my way to visit your blogs - i love this blogging world!!

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Hi Linda,
I'm Joy and I found your blog @ Sense and Simplicity. I'm a new blogger as well , I've been having a lot of fun but learning soooooo
much! I love the white furniture you have redone and I'll be anxious to see the progress on your chairs. I have painted some furniture as well and have some photos on my blog . I'd love it if you would visit my blog.
It is
http://thriftyparsonageliving.blogspot.com

Hawk Eyes said...

I restored a dining set identical to your chairs. It's a lot of work but well worth it! The result was very inspiring. Luckily for me, my best friend bought it so I get to enjoy the fruits of my labour when invited for dinner!
picture: http://shophawkeyes.blogspot.com/2009/01/january-2009.html
Good luck and enjoy.

Whimsical Cake Studio said...

Ooohh!!! LOVE the chairs! Please let me know if you will be selling them anytime soon :)

Post a Comment

I really appreciate & love getting comments and read each and every one. Questions are very much welcome I will answer in the comments or email you. Thanks for popping in to say hi.